We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: Advanced usability testing with Morae
Most people use Morae to run usability tests of web sites but did you know you can also use it to speed up other user centred design activities? This seminar will teach you some of the advanced tricks of using Morae that you won't learn from the manual. Based around three case studies (paper prototyping, heuristic evaluation and remote international usability testing), you'll learn how to use Morae like an expert.
Want something more basic? Try Morae Essentials.
About your trainer
This seminar is led by Dr. David Travis, the author of E-Commerce Usability. David has more than 20 years experience in the field of user centred design and regularly writes "tips and tricks" articles on how to use Morae. David has delivered over 100 seminars in usability for a range of private and public sector organisations.
This seminar is aimed at
This workshop is for you if you have carried out two or more usability tests with Morae. This is a hands-on seminar for usability testing practitioners who know the basics of Morae and now want to expand their knowledge.
To take part in the course, you must first attend our Morae Essentials course or have an equivalent level of expertise.
You also need:
- A laptop with Morae 3.2 installed. If you don't have Morae 3.2 yet, you can install a fully-functional trial version for the period of the course.
- A pair of headphones for your laptop.
- A webcam.
Before attending the course, please check that your installation works by opening Morae Recorder and running a pilot test. How do I run a pilot test?
You will learn how to
- Log paper prototyping sessions and create highlights videos using Morae's advanced data logging tools and picture-in-picture video.
- Carry out a heuristic evaluation with multiple evaluators in a fraction of the time that's usually needed using Morae's marker definitions.
- Create a report that writes itself by exporting search results to Excel and then using Word's "Mailmerge" feature.
- Carry out remote international usability tests without installing Morae Recorder on the participant's computer or subscribing to UserVue.
What do I get when I book this course?
- 1 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts one day.
Usability immersion training
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
- Online User Experience training
Usability design training
- Design Thinking
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- Prototyping mobile interfaces with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Contextual inquiry
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- Introduction to design ethnography
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Advanced usability testing with Morae
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
- The CIF for Usability Test Reports
- SPSS Essentials
- Advanced Statistics Using SPSS
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process