We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: How to Write an Effective Style Guide
After attending this training course, you will be able to develop a style guide for use within your own organisation and learn techniques to manage compliance. (It's also one of the few seminars where you get the chance to build LEGO models!).
"The interactivity and practical, real-life exercises, ensured it was ultra-relevant."
About your trainer
This seminar is aimed at
- Software engineers
- Business analysts
- Interface designers
- Project managers
- Marketing managers
- web site designers
- E-commerce developers
You will learn how to
- Articulate inconsistencies in a user interface and show how these affect the usability of a system.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Style Guides.
- Describe common misperceptions about Style Guides.
- Review the structure of some typical Style Guides, pointing out similarities and differences between them.
- Describe practical ways to ensure the Style Guide is adopted.
- Introduce checklists for compliance checking.
- Promote use of the style guide and manage compliance within your own organisation.
What delegates say about this course
- "The training was directly relevant, making it a great starting point for future development".
- "By the end of the workshop, we had a practical plan for developing a style guide".
- "We have created a skeleton document that we can now take away and develop. Thank you!"
What do I get when I book this course?
- 1 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts one day.
Usability immersion training
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
- Online User Experience training
Usability design training
- Design Thinking
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- Prototyping mobile interfaces with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Contextual inquiry
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- Ethnography and field work
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Advanced usability testing with Morae
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
- The CIF for Usability Test Reports
- SPSS Essentials
- Advanced Statistics Using SPSS
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process