We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: Web Accessibility Briefing for Managers
After attending this training course, you will appreciate the legal issues surrounding accessible web sites and learn how to develop a compliance plan for your organisation.
"Helped identify key areas for change within my organisation."
– Kathryn de Ferrer, WoltersKluwer UK.
About your trainer
This seminar is led by Dr. David Travis, the author of E-Commerce Usability. David has more than 20 years experience in the field of user centred design and has delivered over 100 seminars in usability for a range of private and public sector organisations. He is a member of the Guild of Accessible Web Designers.
This seminar is aimed at
This course is for you if you are a senior designer, a senior developer or a manager of an in-house or agency web design team. The course will also be valuable for marketing managers who want to find out about the business and brand benefits of an accessibility focus, and project managers who want to ensure their web projects comply with standards and legislation.
You will learn how to
- Articulate the business benefits of an accessible web site.
- Experience the assistive technologies that disabled people use to view your web site.
- Develop an accessibility compliance plan for your organisation.
What delegates say about this course
- "Gave me a great overall feel for the issues around accessibility".
- "Very comprehensive, easily digestible and varied".
- "Excellent real life examples".
- "A very useful half-day introduction."
- "Highlighted some useful ways of looking at accessibility, with good illustrations and resources."
- "Sound overview of the issues, with pointers on how to resolve the problems with our site".
- "A nicely presented introduction to the complex world of accessibility".
What do I get when I book this course?
- Half-day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- Free, follow-up refresher training.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This is a half-day seminar.
Usability immersion training
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
- Online User Experience training
Usability design training
- Design Thinking
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- Prototyping mobile interfaces with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Contextual inquiry
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- Ethnography and field work
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Advanced usability testing with Morae
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
- The CIF for Usability Test Reports
- SPSS Essentials
- Advanced Statistics Using SPSS
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process